Question: Suppose, you are Abir Hasan, a reporter of a reputed daily. Recently a launch has sunk into a river of your locality. Now, write a report on it.
A Launch sinking had taken away the lives of many
Answer: The death toll from yesterday’s Munshiganj launch capsize climbed to 28 as rescuers recovered 11 more bodies from Meghna river this morning. The double-decker MV Miraj-4 heading for Shariatpur from Dhaka sank in the Meghna in Munshiganj with over 200 people on board around 3:30 pm yesterday at Doulatpur in Gazaria Upazila during a storm.
Amid the on-going search operation, rescuers could recover 17 bodies till last night whereas over 100 more are feared missing. Officials of the administration and fire service, quoting locals, said 40-50 passengers had made it to shore alive. Most of them swam ashore with injuries, the correspondent reports. Locals started rescue operations immediately after the accident and divers of fire service and civil defense and Bangladesh Coast Guard joined in later on.
Meanwhile, hundreds of people including family members of victims and missing passengers crowded the shore near the accident spot. The air was heavy with the wailing of survivors who had lost their loved ones. Some were hoping and praying that their loved ones had survived by a miracle. The traumatized, bewildered and angry survivors blamed the captain and over-loading of the vessel for the accident.
- Composition on A Journey by Launch
- Short Composition A Motor Launch Disaster
- Composition on A Motor Launch Disaster
- Report on Garments Factory on Fire
- Report on Accident Takes Place on a Highway
- Report on The Miseries of The Affected People for The Erosion of The Meghna River
- Essay on Titas River in Bangladesh
- Report about Fire Accident in the Tazreen Fashion Factory
- Letter To Your Friend Describing a Fire Accident Which You Have Witnessed
- Dialogue Between You and Your Father About a Road Accident