Question: Suppose you are a reporter of a national daily. You have recently visited the area affected by the erosion of the Meghna. Now, write a report on the miseries of the people living in the area.
The Hunger of Meghna
Answer: Of late, the Meghna has made thousands of people homeless in three thanas of Brahmanbaria district. The people who are worst affected live in Nabinagar, Bancharampur and Nasirnagar thanas. Cultivable land, houses, educational institutions, mosques and temples in these areas have been washed away by the eroding river rendering thousands of people homeless. To escape the grip of devastating erosion many families have left their houses and shifted to safer places. As erosion by the river Meghna continues throughout the year miseries of the people does never end. When the rainy season begins it takes a devastating turn. People living near the river- banks have to bear the brunt of the erosion. The government has taken up a scheme to protect some of the areas from the greedy clutches of the river Meghna.
- Paragraph on Natural Calamities in Bangladesh
- Application for Relief for The Flood Affected People
- Composition on Housing Problem in Bangladesh
- Composition on The Recent Floods in Bangladesh Or, The Flood in Bangladesh
- Report On a Storm in Tangail
- Latter for Need More Relief for The Flood-Affected Areas
- Essay on Rivers of Bangladesh
- Application for Opening a Charitable Dispensary
- Application About the Relief for The Flood Affected People
- Essay on Jamuna River in Bangladesh