Introduction: I had been hearing much about the city of Dhaka from my boyhood. As a result, I become anxious to pay a visit to Dhaka. During the last summer holidays, I had the opportunity of visiting Dhaka.
Occasion: my maternal uncle was going to Dhaka. As our school was closed I proposed to go with him. He agreed and I accompanied him with much pleasure.
History of Dhaka: Dhaka is a place of historical interest. During the reign of Emperor Jahangir, Jahangir. Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh. At present, it had seen a good deal of development. The former site of the town is called old Dhaka and the new site where development has taken place is called now Dhaka.
The important place of old Dhaka: a road form Sadarghat towards the west up to Chawkbazar. I passed through Islampur road and reached Chawkbazar. On my way, I saw the Ahsan Manzil, the magnificent palace of the Nawabs of Dhaka. Then I visited the Lalbagh Killa, Bara Katara, Chota Katara. At Lalbagh, I saw the tomb of Pari Bibi, the daughter of Shaista Khann. I saw the mosque of Begum Bazar. It was built by Ballal Sen. I saw Hussaini Dalan and then went to Osmany Uddyan to see Mir Jumla’s common. All these have great historical importance.
Important places of new Dhaka: I also saw the Dhaka Medical College, the Dhaka University, Salimullah Muslim Hall, The high court, the Engineers Institution, the Rajuk Building, the Bangladesh Bank, the New Market, the Dhaka Railway Station, Zia International Airport , Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban, Mirpur Zoological and Botanical Garden, Secretariate Buildings the Stadium and Finally Baitul Mukarrom Mosque.
Conclusion: a visit to a place of historical interest gave us an opportunity of getting new experience and ideas of a particular place arid thing. My first visit to Dhaka gave me much pleasure and refreshment.
- Essay on A Historical Place You Visited Or, A Visit to Dhaka City
- Composition on A Visit to A Place of Historical Interest
- Paragraph on My Visit to A Place of Historical Interest
- Report on Your Visit to A Place of Historical Interest
- Paragraph on A Visit to A Place of Historical Interest
- Dialogue Between Two Friends About A Visit to A Place of Historical Interest
- Paragraph on A Historical Place You Visited
- Dialogue Between You and Your Friend About Some Interesting Places in Dhaka
- Composition on What I Would Do After My S.S.C Examination?
- Latter to Your Friend Describing Him the Beauty of Your Village Home That You Think He Should Visit