The population is an asset to a country. But when a country has a large population out of her capacity to afford food, shelter and other fundamental needs, the population becomes a burden for her. Then the population is treated as a problem. Bangladesh is an overpopulated country and her large population is a problem here.
Bangladesh is a small country having an area of 1,47,570 square kilometers. But it is burdened with a large population of 154.7 million people. It is the most densely populated country in the world. More than one thousand people live in per square kilometer. The population is still increasing at an alarming rate. More than two million people are included in our total population every year. Population growth has come to a form of explosion. The growth rate is very high due to illiteracy, early marriage superstitions and lack of knowledge about family planning among the people.
Overpopulation is a serious problem for our country. It hinders the economic development of our nation. Every year a large number of people is added and the additional people need additional foods, shelter, clothes, medicines, and other things. It has become difficult for Bangladesh to feed her total population properly. Our land is limited. Increasing population makes habitation on cultivable land. So, our cultivable land is decreasing every year. If we do not control the growth of population, our country will not be able to produce crops enough to feed all. Population problem begets some other problems. Unemployment problem, poverty, disease, corruption are created from overpopulation.
Population growth should be kept under control. Effective family planning can control the population explosion. The government is trying to control the situation. All of us should come forward to assist the government. Awareness should be raised among the illiterate and village people. We should impart people about the benefits of planned and small family. Early marriage should be stopped. If all classes of people are aware of the problem can be reduced to a great extent. Overpopulation hinders our national prosperity. So we should check our population growth.
- Paragraph on Population Problem in Bangladesh
- Short Composition on Population Problem in Bangladesh
- Essay on Population Problem of Bangladesh Or, Population Explosion in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Dangers of Population Growth in Bangladesh
- Composition on Population Problem in Bangladesh
- Short Composition Unemployment Problem in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Population Problem
- Describing the Chart of The Trend of Population Growth in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Unemployment Problem in Bangladesh
- Composition on If I Were the Prime Minister of Bangladesh