Question: Answer the following questions to form a continuous paragraph. (100 words)
- What is hartal?
- Why is it called and observed?
- How is it observed?
- What is the impact on our national life and economy?
Answer: Hartal means the suspension of all-important daily works. It may be observed in a region or even throughout the country. Generally, political parties or labor organizations call hartal on a particular day to realize their demands from the ruling government. When dissatisfaction grows among the opposition, hartal is observed to compel the authority to get their demands fulfilled. During a hartal day the normal activities of educational institutions, offices, courts, markets, industries, etc. often remain closed. The movements of vehicles on roads are stopped. Some special vehicles like ambulance, newspaper and dead body carriers are allowed to run in the streets. Sometimes on a hartal day, the picketers of the pro-hartal party remain very active in different points of the cities. They create panic by exploding crackers, bombs, etc. and burn tires or vehicles. Police sometimes throw’ tear gas on the unruly mob to disperse them. Even loss of lives may occur on a hartal day. Serious damage to properties may also occur. So, it has an adverse effect on our national life. It is a serious threat to the growth of our economy. Therefore, hartal should be avoided for the greater interest of the nation.
- Short Paragraph on A Hartal Day
- Report on Hartal And Its Effect
- Paragraph on Traffic Jam
- Short Essay On Road Accidents
- Composition on Street Accidents in Bangladesh
- Report on Your City Was Rocked by Earthquake
- Paragraph Traffic Jam in Bangladesh
- Dialogue Between You and Your Friend About Air Pollution
- Traffic Jam Paragraph
- Paragraph on May Day Or, International Workers’ Day