Question: Write a paragraph about ‘The Life of a Farmer’. Your paragraph should include the answers to the following questions.
- Who is a farmer?
- What is the nature and time of his work? Or, what are his daily activities?
- What are the pleasures and pains in his life?
- How much can he meet the basic needs of his family?
- What is his social status?
- How does he contribute to the nation?
- How can he improve his poor condition?
- How can he better his condition?
Answer: A farmer is a person who cultivates land and grows crops. He is a very important person in our society. Generally, he lives in a village. His house is made of corrugated. iron sheets or straws. An ideal farmer lives a very simple life. He earns his livelihood the sweat of his brow. He works from morning till evening. He gets up very early in the morning and takes a little breakfast. He goes to his field with and wooden plow and a pair of bullocks. He cultivates and prepares his land with simple hand-made tools. Sometimes he is so busy that he cannot make time to go home for the noonday meal. He has both pleasures and pains in his life. He gets pleasures when he has a good harvest. But he gets pains when his crops are destroyed by droughts, floods or cyclones. Though a farmer works hard, he cannot meet the basic needs of his family. He lives from hand to mouth. He also suffers from many diseases. However, a farmer can improve his condition by availing of the easy loans and by planned use of it. He should take advantage of scientific mechanized tools and the latest method of cultivation. In our society, a farmer is meant to belong to the lower class. But in reality, an ideal farmer is an asset to the country. He contributes a lot to the economy of the country. We can better their overall condition taking concerted steps.
- Paragraph on A Day Laborer Or, The Life of a Day Laborer
- Paragraph on A Farmer
- Paragraph on A Day Laborer
- Paragraph on A Fisherman Or, Life of a Fisherman
- Story On an Old Farmer and His Three Lazy Sons
- Paragraph on Problems of Our Farmers
- Composition on The Peasants of Bangladesh
- Story on A Nobleman Helped a Farmer
- Story on Industry Brings Happiness
- Paragraph on Amina, Who Made a Difference in Her Life Through Hard Work