Question: Write a paragraph about ‘A Village Fair’ by answering the following questions.
- What is a village fair?
- Where is it held?
- Why is it held?
- What is sold here?
- What is shown here?
Answer: A village fair is a common sight in Bangladesh. It is a yearly affair. A village fair is usually held to observe local and religious festivals. A village fair sits on a riverbank. It also sits on a canal side. A big space under a big tree is also selected for it. Sellers take a position for their stalls. They make makeshift stalls in a row. A village fair displays village products. Goods like combs, toys, bangles, dolls, cosmetics, handicrafts, etc. are available in a village fair. Wooden things are also available there. Children buy fancy toys. The puppet show is a great attraction for them. Besides, Jatra, circus, magic show and so on are held in the fair. A village fair helps the village people to come closer. It helps them to share friendship, co-operation, and brotherhood. A village fair has some demerits too. Gambling is one of them. People discharge here and there. Some miscreants, pickpockets, and criminals also move there. Customers are cheated. Yet, it is a mirror of rural faith, tradition, and attitude. It is a source of charms for the village people. Besides, it has great economic value too.
A Village Fair
Question: Write a paragraph about ‘A village fair’. The paragraph includes the information given below.
- Where does the village fair sit?
- When does it sit?
- What kinds of goods found in the fair?
- What other attraction we can see in the fair?
Answer: A village fair in a small exhibition of fence goods. It takes place either on the bank of the river or under a spreading tree. It sits once a year and lasts at least for three days. Hundreds of stales for selling different goods are seen in a fair. Handmade wooden and earthen toys, pots, utensils, basket, whistles, etc., are found in a fair. Children and young people are the main customers of a fair. The circus party and Jatra party are the chief attraction of a village fair. Illiterate people in the village can learn a lot of things from the circus and Jatra party. So, it brings a good-effect on the village people.
- Paragraph on A Village Fair
- Short Paragraph on A Village Fair
- Composition on A Visit to A Village Fair
- Paragraph on A Fair That I Visited
- Composition The Village Fair I have Recently Enjoyed/Visited
- Letter To Your Friend Describing the Recent Fair of Your Village
- Composition on A Village Fair I Visited
- Short Composition on A Village Fair I Visited
- Paragraph on Baishakhi Mela
- Composition on A Village Fair