Question: Suppose, you are the local correspondent of a national daily. A multi-storied building has collapsed in your locality last night. Write a report on it for the newspaper.
Rana Plaza Collapse
Answer: Sheikh Robin, Savar, 25 April 2013: On 24 April 2013, Rana Plaza, an eight-story commercial building, collapsed in Savar, a sub-district in the greater Dhaka area, the capital of Bangladesh. The search for the dead ended on 13 May with a death toll of 1,129. Approximately 2,515 injured people were rescued from the building alive. It is considered the deadliest garment factory accident in history, as well as the deadliest accidental structural failure in modern human history. The building contained clothing factories, a bank, apartments, and several other shops. The shops and the bank on the lower floors immediately closed after cracks were discovered in the building. Warnings to avoid using the building after cracks appeared the day before had been ignored. Garment workers were ordered to return the following day and the building collapsed during the morning rush-hour. Local people said to the correspondent that lower quality of building materials was mostly responsible for this tragedy. The government has formed an investigation committee in this regard.
- Essay on Garment Industries of Bangladesh Or Prospect of RMG Sector in Bangladesh
- Essay on A Person Whose Behavior Changed Suddenly and Unexpectedly
- Report on Garments Factory on Fire
- Report on Unexpected Fire on A Garment Factory
- Report on Hartal And Its Effect
- Report On Unearthing a Fake Soap Factory at Lalbagh
- Report about Fire Accident in the Tazreen Fashion Factory
- Paragraph on Opening a Bank Account
- Paragraph on How to Open an Account in A Bank
- Report on Fire Gutted Slum in City