Question: Answer the following questions to form a continuous paragraph. (100 words)
- Do you know what is dowry?
- Do you feel that the dowry system is a curse to society? How is it so?
- What should young people do to wipe out the dowry system?
- How can you help the anti-dowry campaign?
Answer: The dowry system is a social curse. It can be an amount of money or property that a wife or her family is forced to pay to her husband when they get married. It was a social custom in ancient times. But at present dowry is the social curse for our society. In this subcontinent more or less every family faces this snake. A poor family having a maiden or spinster faces a great problem due to dowry. They cannot arrange a marriage ceremony for their daughter due to the demand for dowry by the father or relatives of the bridegroom. If the parents of the bride cannot pay as per demand, the wife is kicked out from her husband’s house by the relatives. Our young generation should be made conscious of this curse and try to wipe out such a stupid system. We can do postering, canvassing, and make advertisements against this dowry system. By developing the mentality of our citizens, we can get rid of this system.
Paragraph on Dowry System
Question: Write a Paragraph about ‘Dowry System’ by answering the following questions.
- What do you mean by dowry?
- How is it a curse to society?
- Why do the poor become victims of it?
- What are its effects?
- What should young men do?
- How can one help the anti-dowry campaign?
Answer: Dowry means money or property brought by a girl to her husband. It is a social custom in Bangladesh. There. are many reasons behind dowry. The main reason is our unconsciousness. The other reasons are illiteracy, traditional belief, Hindu religion, man’s greed, unemployment problem, etc. A section of greedy people takes dowry. Parents of girls are the victims of dowry. The system greatly affects the whole society. It is responsible for a family feud. Many married women commit suicide for the system. Many are divorced by their greedy husbands. Many women are tortured to death. The poor parents become indebted to pay the dowry. The system should be stopped forever. For this, girls should be educated. They should be made self-reliant. Exemplary punishment should be given to the dowry takers. After all, we should think that women are our equal partners.
- Dowry System Essay
- Composition on Dowry System in Bangladesh
- Dowry System Paragraph
- Essay on Dowry System
- Gender Discrimination Paragraph
- Composition on Eve Teasing
- Paragraph on Gender Discrimination
- Drug Addiction Paragraph
- Composition on The Empowerment of Women in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Women’s Contribution to The Society