Question: Answer the following questions to form a paragraph (100 words).
- What is gender discrimination?
- When does it begin?
- How long does it continue?
- What are the causes and effects of gender discrimination in Bangladesh?
- What should we do to solve this problem.
Answer: Gender discrimination means discriminatory treatment against the female. it begins with the birth of the female child. The worst sufferers are the divorced women and the widows. The main reason of this degrading situation is that the women are not wage-earners and they have to depend on the male members of the family for their livelihood. The. other reasons lie in the familial and social attitudes. The parents think that the female child will go away into another family as wife in due course of time and will not contribute anything to the-family welfare. The society considers the women to be weaker in strength and wisdom. So, they are faced with discrimination in the spheres of employment and career building. Society also thinks that their duty is to do household chores and rear up children. So, they are not allowed to go out of home and are not given the light of education. As such they cannot develop strong personality and are not associated in decision making. A female child is welcomed in the family with disaffection, because she is regarded as nothing more than a burden and a liability. This problem of gender discrimination can be solved by creating general awareness among the people about the talents and importance of the female and removing social superstition prevailing against them. When the women will be properly educated, they will be in a position to prove their worth and then the unmerited discrimination against them will automatically vanish.
- Gender Discrimination Paragraph
- Essay on Elimination of ‘Female Fetus’
- Essay on Problems and Prospects of Female Education in Bangladesh
- Dowry System Paragraph
- Paragraph on Dowry System
- Essay on Women in Development or Role of Women in the Development Process
- Essay on Female Education
- Composition on The Empowerment of Women in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Female Education
- Paragraph on Women’s Contribution to The Society