- Do you like your country?
- Where is Bangladesh situated?
- Which language is spoken by most people?
- What about the language, food, dress, and religion?
- How is the beauty of our country?
- Is Bangladesh self-sufficient in food?
- What about it’s important as a tourist resort?
Answer: Bangladesh is a southeast Asian country. It stands on the Bay of Bengal, which is on the south and the other three sides are surrounded by India. She also shares a little (271 Km.) of the southeast border with Myanmar. The population of about 140 million. Most of the people speak Bengali, which is the state language. English is seldom spoken. There are some tribal languages too. About 85% of the total population is Muslim. The rest Hindus, Christens, and Buddhists. People of all religions live here peacefully. The 26th March and 16 December are our Independence Day and Victory Day respectively. The national dress for men is pajama and Punjabi and for women sari and blouse. The informal dress for man is a lunge. Our main food is rice, fish, and dal. Bangladesh is self-sufficient in food. The largest sea-beach of the world in Cox’s Bazar on the southwest coast of the country. Her charming beauty is also fascinating. The people of our country are very friendly and peace-loving. Every year thousands of tourists visit Bangladesh for her natural beauty in a friendly atmosphere.
My Motherland / Bangladesh
Question: Write a Paragraph about ‘Your Motherland’ by answering the following questions.
- What is the name of your motherland?
- What is the area of your motherland?
- What is the population of your motherland?
- What is the main occupation of the people of your motherland?
- What are the people of your motherland?
Answer: Our Country Bangladesh is my motherland. She came into being in 1971. Her land area is 1,47,570 square miles. About 16 crore people live here. There are sixty-four districts and eight divisions in my motherland. The main occupation of the people is agriculture. They grow jute, rice, sugarcane, potatoes and various kinds of vegetables in plenty. Our mother tongue is Bangla. We speak, write, sing and dance in Bangla. Her people are very simple and peace-loving. They are patriots too. They love independence. I am proud of being a citizen of a country like Bangladesh.