Question: Answer the following questions to form a continuous paragraph. (100 words)
- What is pastime?
- What are the common pastimes in our country?
- What are the favorite pastimes in some other country?
- Are there any pastimes that are common all over the world?
- What is your favorite pastime?
Answer: Pastime is leisure time pursuits. In order to maintain a balance between the body and mind, and to keep them fit for work, the pastime is necessary for all. The common leisure pursuits of the young and old people of Bangladesh include taking part in games and sports, rowing boats, swimming, visiting different places, enjoying cinemas and watching TV programs. The leisure pursuits of the old are morning walk, visiting neighbors’ houses and watching TV. The Chinese spend their pastimes visiting parks and enjoying acrobatic performances. Baseball, golf and martial arts such as judo and karate are especially popular pastimes with men in Japan. In Canada skiing, fishing, boating, swimming, hunting, hiking, camping, and bird-watching are popular pastimes. Traveling, dancing in the clubs, long drive, hiking, walking visiting families, friends and relatives are the common pastimes in Germany. However, watching TV is the most common pastime all over the world. My favorite pastime is reading novels. The novels of Humayun Ahmed attract me most.
- Paragraph on Passing Leisure Time
- Describing the Pie Chart of The Pastimes of The Students
- Describing the Graph of The Young People’s Changing Trends in Pastime Habits
- Paragraph on The Common Leisure Pursuits of The Young and Old in Bangladesh
- Paragraph on My Pastimes
- Paragraph on My Favorite Hobby: Reading Books
- Paragraph on Watching TV: While I Am Free, I Watch TV
- Paragraph on Pass Time/Leisure Period
- Paragraph on My Mother
- Essay on Television – Its Use and Abuse