Introduction: the cinema is one of the wonders of modern science. For this wonderful invention, the people of the world is mainly indebted to Edison, the Great American scientist.
Process and production: edition greatly improved photography and made it possible in later years to bring together a series of photo-pictures of the same scene or object on a celluloid ribbon. The ribbon may be long and then it is rolled up. When the show goes on it is unrolled and the pictures are thrown upon the white screen with the help of strong light. This produces motion pictures on the screen. The pictures were first silent but early in the twentieth century; sound and photography were brought together. Nowadays the pictures of man and women not only move but also talk and sing.
Benefit: the cinema inspires us with endless joy. It is the cheapest of all present-day recreation. It has great power to make our education interesting and effective. History and geography can be made real and live through motion pictures. Young learners, as well as grownups, read about deserts, oceans, volcanoes, glaciers, and waterfalls. Most of us are not fortunate enough to have the opportunity of seeing them in our own ways. The pictures on the screen give us much opportunity to form ideas about these wonders of nature.
Past events are caught and kept alive in film pictures. A great man of the past are seen on the screen moving, talking, writing and speaking as they used to do when they were living. Thus the cinema teaches us more than even books can do.
Conclusion: but so to say, cinema has a bad side too. Bad pictures create an unhealthy and atmosphere and corrupt society. The pictures affect the moral tone of our young generation.
- Short Composition on Cinema: Its Uses and Abuses
- Essay on Photography and Its Uses
- Short Essay on Wonders of Science
- Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of The Cinema
- Short Composition on Photography or Filming
- Composition on Television Or, Importance Of TV in Our Lives
- Essay on Uses And Abuses Of Television
- Composition on Blessings of Science
- Composition on Television: A Modern Technology
- Composition On the Wonder of Modern Science