Question: Write a paragraph about ‘Pahela Baishakh’ by answering the questions below.
- What is Pahela Baishakh?
- When is this day celebrated?
- How is Pahela Baishakh celebrated?
- Why do people celebrate this day?
- What do the traders and shop-keepers do on this occasion?
- How are people dressed on this day?
- Why do the Bangles celebrate this day?
- What is the significance of Pahela Baishakh?
Answer: Pahela Baishakh is the first day of the Bengali New Year. The first day of the new year is celebrated in a befitting manner all over the world. We Bangalis are no exception in this respect. We observe Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bangla new year gorgeously throughout the country. This is an annual festival in our country. People from all walks of life celebrate this great occasion with enthusiasm and funfair. It opens a new Bengali Calendar and inspires us to start a new life with hopes. Pahela Baishakh lasts for a day but it remains in our mind for a year. Pahela Baishakh is celebrated both in villages and towns. In towns, various socio-cultural organisations arrange interesting programmes. In Dhaka, the first programme of the day takes place at Ramna Batamul organised OffarlivIt by a leading cultural organisation, Chhayanat. Traders and shopkeepers commence ‘Halkhata’ and offer sweets to their customers and clients. The villagers observe ‘Pahela Baishakh’ in a traditional manner. Boys and girls put on colourful dresses. ‘Baishakhi Mela‘ is the main attraction of Pahela Baishakh both in cities and villages. In a word observance of Pahela Baishakh is an inseparable part of Bengali culture. It opens a new chapter in our Bengali society and offers us an open chance to find out our cultural identity.
- Paragraph on The Pahela Baishakh
- Paragraph on First Day of The Bengali New Year
- Composition on The First Day of Bengali New Year
- Short Composition on The Pahela Baisakh I Celebrated
- Essay on Pahela Baishakh – The First Day of The Bengali New Year
- Report on A Village Fair You Have Recently Visited
- Report on The Celebration Of 21st February
- Essay on Independence Day Celebration at School
- Email to Your Pen-Friend Describing Him About Bangladesh
- Paragraph on Baishakhi Mela