A mobile phone is a phone that can make and receive telephone calls over a radio link while moving around a wide geographic area. A mobile app is a computer program designed to run on smartphones, tablet computers, and other mobile devices. Apps are usually available through application distribution platforms, which began appearing in 2008 and are typically operated by the owner of the mobile operating system, It does so by connecting to a cellular network provided by a mobile phone operator, allowing access to the public telephone network. By contrast, a cordless telephone is used only within the short range of a single, private base station.
In addition to telephony, modern mobile phones also support a wide variety of other services such as text messaging, MMS, Email, Internet access, short-range wireless communications (infrared, Bluetooth), business applications, gaming, and photography. Mobile phones that offer these and more general computing capabilities are referred to as smartphones.
Portable telephone device that does not require the use of landlines. Mobile phones utilize frequencies transmitted by cellular towers to connect the calls between two devices.
The first hand-held cell phone was demonstrated by John F. Mitchell and Dr. Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1973, using a handset weighing around 2.2 pounds (1 kg). In 1983, the DynaTAC 8000x was the first to be commercially available. From 1990 to 2011, worldwide mobile phone subscriptions grew from 12.4 million to over 6 billion, penetrating about 87% of the global population and reaching the bottom of the economic pyramid. The first mobile phone operated on an analog service and was developed by Motorola, Inc. Mobile phones have grown to be the most widely used portable device in the world. Mobile phones may also be referred to as wireless or cellular phones.
- Essay on Computer Networks and Communications
- Paragraph on Mobile Phone
- Paragraph on Mobile Phone/ Cell Phone
- Dialogue Between You and Your Friend on The Merits and Demerits of Using Mobile Phone
- Paragraph – The Advantages of VOIP Service
- Dialogue Between Myself and My Friend About Mobile Phone
- Report On the Uses and Abuses of Mobile Phone
- Describing the Graph of Telephone and Mobile Users
- Paragraph on ICT/Flourishment of ICT
- Describe and Analyze the Graph of The Mobile Phone Users Among the Teenagers