Question: Write a paragraph on Mother’s Day answering the following questions.
- What is Mother’s Day?
- Which country first observed Mother’s Day?
- Whose name is related to the invention of Mother’s Day?
- What is the history behind it?
- What is the day when most countries celebrate Mother’s Day?
Answer: Mother’s Day is a day of celebration to show love and honour to a mother. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April, or May. Mother’s Day is an American invention and the name Anna Jarvis is related to it. She was the daughter of Granville and Ann Jarvis living in West Virginia, USA. Anna’s mother Ann Jarvis was a generous lady. When the civil war in America was going on, Ann Jarvis worked very hard to provide nursing care and promote better sanitation, which helped save thousands of lives on both sides of the conflict. Ann Jarvis passed away in 1905. Two years later, in 1907, on the second Sunday in May, Anna invited several friends to her home in Philadelphia, in commemoration of her mother’s life. On this occasion, she announced her idea a day of national celebration in honour of Mother a Mother’s Day. Later in 1914 the then American President accepted the idea officially and announced 2nd Sunday in May as a holiday for observing Mother’s Day nationally. Afterwards, many other countries of the world began to observe the day. Today most countries in the world including Bangladesh observe Mother’s Day on the 2nd Sunday of May.
- Report on The Celebration Of 21st February
- Paragraph on Heaven for Mother
- Dialogue Between Two Friend’s Mother About One Friend Feeling at Another Friend’s House
- Paragraph on International Mother Language Day
- Paragraph on the 21st February Or, International Mother Language Day
- Short Paragraph on My Mother
- Story on Obedience to Mother
- Paragraph on Your Experience of a Terrible Accident
- Paragraph on My Mother
- Paragraph on Household Chores