While writing any business letter, we have to keep some matters in our mind because it’s totally technical and practical based. There are mainly three principles in the business letter. They are:
1. Courtesy and Consideration: Courtesy is like the oil which removes friction; it makes life smooth and helps to win friends. Courtesy creates goodwill and produces a favorable response. Generally, goodwill is a great asset for an organization, and courtesy in correspondence is one of the most natural and economical means of building it.
For example; in a business letter, we can use the following expressions to show courtesy – Many thanks for your letter of 12 March 2021
Thank you very much for your letter of 12 March 2021
We are sorry that you did not receive the book in time.
2. Directness and Conciseness: We should write the direct information and it should be concise. If any information in the letter is too long or unclear, the receiver may lose interest to read the letter.
|Verbose||Direct and Concise|
|At all times||always|
|At the time of writing||at present or now|
|Beg to acknowledge||acknowledge|
|In the case of||if|
|For the month of July||for July|
3. Clarity and Precisions: A simple expressions and clear thinking are the two most important virtues of effective writing. The reader should have no difficulty in understanding what the writer means.
- Describing the Graph of The Average Temperatures of The Year
- Describing the Graph of Student Month Wise Absence from Classes
- Letter To Your Friend Asking Him to Spend the Winter Vacation
- Letter To Your Friend About a Visit to The Zoo
- How to Write an Attractive Business Letter
- Letter On the Annual Prize Giving Ceremony of Your School
- Major Barriers in Business Communication
- Letter To Your Friend Describing a Fire Accident Which You Have Witnessed
- Composition on The Autobiography of a Freedom Fighter
- Paragraph on How to Make a Phone Call