1. Veil, knock, looking, Saw, sweet, indeed, perfect, perfection, dress, trade, Against, thinking, beautiful, live.
Once upon a time there (a) — in the city of Baghdad a young bachelor who was by (b) — a porter. One day he sat in the marketplace leaning idly (c) — his basket. A young woman (d) — in rare silks and cloaked in a gold-embroidered mantle, stopped before him and gently raised her (e) —. Beneath it there showed dark eyes with long lashes and lineaments of (f) — beauty. `Lift up your basket, porter’, she said in a (g) — voice and follow me.’ At once the porter took up his basket, (h) — to himself, This is (i) — a lucky day!’ He followed her until she stopped at the door of a house and (j) —.
2. flood, climate, Warmer, Alarm, Unnecessary, change, evidence, destroy, rise, prediction, Gradual, Severely, increase, Catastrophic.
The world is getting (a) — because of pollution. Every year millions of people all over the world die (b) — as a result of pollution. In recent years, there have been many (c) — reports that the world’s (d) — is undergoing a significant (e) —. All these reports provide strong (f) — that world temperatures are (g) — day by day. Climatologists (h) — that mid-way through the next century temperatures may have (i) — as much as 4’C. This could raise sea levels and thereby (j) — coastal areas and farmlands.
3. joyous, food, become, remain, gift, favorite, eager, want, flood, invite, festive, elders.
Children are very fond of festivals. They become very (a) — on the day of the festival. If it is their birthday, their joys become over (b) —. They become very (c) — to have wished from their beloved persons. The whole day they (d) — to spend times in joy. Usually, a child on its birthday gets up early and tries to (e) — close to their parents. It (f) — a nice day, if it is presented anything very (g) — to it. Children also want to have their friends (h) — to their house at a festival. They expect to have a party. Their joys give pleasure to their (i) —. We should try to keep the children always in a (j) — mind.
4. device, trained, about, perform, essential, great, abacus, fairly, large, special, Recent, sense, refers, called.
The computer is a fairly (a) — invention. It has now become a (b) — part of modern life. It has greatly benefited us and brought (c) — revolutionary changes in our life. Any (d) — that helps people perform mathematical calculations may be (e) — a computer. In this sense, the (f) — is a simple computer. Today however the term computer (g) — to special kind of electronic machine that can perform mathematical calculation and process (h) — masses of information at an (i) — speed. In a few minutes, a computer can perform calculations that (j) — mathematicians would need years to complete.
5. drive, without, traffic, Conscious, occur, be, frequent, many, through, easily, Know, move, go, come.
It (a) — difficult to drive in Bangladesh if you have no experience of (b) — here. Drivers change lanes (c) —. As a foreigner, you may find lane changing (d) — signal quite distressing. Even drivers (e) — defying rules. Many people are not at all (f) — about traffic signals. They go around not (g) — what may happen to them if an accident (h) — rickshaw and baby-taxis (i) — in and out in a zigzag course and try to push (j) — whenever they find some space.
Ans: 1. (a) lived (b) trade (c) against (d) dressed (e) veil (f) perfect (g) sweet (h) said/thought (i) indeed (j) knocked
Ans: 2. (a) Warmer (b) unnecessarily (c) alarming (d) climate (e) change (f) evidence (g) increasing/rising (h) predict (i) risen/increased (j) flood.
Ans: 3. (a) joyous (b) flooded (c) eager (d) want (e) remain (f) becomes (g) favorite (h) invited (i) elders (j) festive.
Ans:4. (a) recent (b) essential (c) about (d) device (e) called (f) abacus (g) refers (h) large (i) great (j) trained
Ans: 5. (a) is (b) driving (c) frequently (d) without (e) go (f) conscious (g) knowing (h) occurs (i) move (j) through
- Short Paragraph on Computer
- Vocabulary Test: Part 03 (Without Clues)
- Paragraph on Computer
- Paragraph on A Railway Porter
- Paragraph on Reckless Driving
- Paragraph on Bicycle
- Essay on Traffic Jam in Bangladesh
- Describe and Analyze the Graph of The Average Temperatures of The Year in Some Cities in Bangladesh
- Composition on Traffic Jam
- Dialogue Between Myself and My Friend About the Usefulness of Computer