1. Fill in the blanks without clues.
Bangladesh (a)——-in the active Earthquake (b)———. It is a (c)———–natural disaster. It has occurred in the country (d)—-times during recent years. If an (e)—–earthquake occurs in Dhaka city (f)—will happen unthinkably. So, experts are paying more (g)—-to the issue of earthquakes in (h)—-times. People should be (i)—and careful about earthquakes in the capital city to (j)—-the loss of it occurs.
Ans: (a) is/lies (b) zone (c) serious/dangerous (d)many/several (e) serious (f) what (g) attention (h) recent (i) alert (j) reduce
2. Fill in the blanks without clues.
Everybody knows that food (a)—–is a crime. Adulterated food is poisonous and it (b)—–fatal diseases. People (c)——this kind of food fall a (d)—-to liver diseases, cancer, kidney failure and so (e)—-. Some businessmen who are unscrupulous and running (f)—-money only do this (g)—-work. They thrive on the (h)—-of others. The citizens have to die a (i)—-death. Men, women, boys, girls, children, and all are (j)—–killed without any reason.
Ans: (a) adulteration (b) causes (c) eating (d) victim (e) on (f) after ( g)heinous (h)miseries (i)unnatural (j)actually
3. Fill in the blanks without clues.
The Eskimos are the most widely (a)—group in the world still leading partly(b)—way of life. They live in a (c)—that spans more than 35,00 miles,(d)—Greenland, the northern fringe(edge) of North America, and an (e)—of eastern Siberia. Eskimos are racially distinct from American Indians. They are most closely (f)—to the Mongolian people of eastern Asia. The Eskimos (g)—adapted themselves to cold, harsh (h)—because of their highly inventive skill. They would make (i)—from almost anything and everything. They most spend the winter in tents in a larger settlement and then (j)—during summer.
Ans: (a) spread (b) aboriginal (c) region (d) including (e) part (f) related (g) successfully (h) climate (i) invention (j) transferred
4. Fill in the blanks without clues.
Mother Teresa is a great (a)——-and Philanthropist, was (b)—–on August 2, 1920, in Albania of Yugoslavia. Her real (c)—–was Agnes Teresa. She had her (d)—–at a government school in Albania. In 1928 Agnes (e)—-to Kolkata to do some (f)—-work and later took Indian(g)—-.Then she devoted and (h)—-herself to the service of sufferings and distressed humanity. She (i)—-the Missionaries of Charity in 1950 and Nirmal Hridaya in 1954 in Kolkata and was (j)—–as a mother.
Ans: (a) humanist (b) born (c) name (d) schooling (e) came (f) missionary (g) citizenship (h) dedicated (i) set up (j) known
5. Fill in the blanks without clues.
Foreign aid is (a)—for our economy. (b)—foreign aid we can’t progress. We can’t(c)—our developmental programs (d)—financial (e)—from other developed countries. Sometimes we (f)—sufficient assistance. But sometimes we (g)—nothing. But that is not the (h)—problem. The main problem is that the donor countries impose conditions that must be fulfilled. If we (i)—to receive their help. And Alas! if we follow their suggestion then we can’t (j)—very much.
Ans: (a) essential (b) without (c) continue (d) without (e) help (f) need (g) get (h)only (i) want (j) develop
6. Hospitality has long (a) —— a part of our culture in Bangladesh. (b) —— many other things (c) —— changing now. People are still quite polite and friendly (d) —— foreigners. They like (e) —— to foreigners even if they (f) —— not been introduced. It is quite common for Bangladeshis to (g) —— personal questions about family, jobs, and income which visitors from (h) —— might find awkward. However, it should be (i) —— that no harm is (j) —— by such questions.
Ans: (a) been (b) though (c) are (d) with (e) talking (f) had (g) ask (h) overseas (i) known (j) done
7. Bangladesh (a) —— in the active Earthquake (b) —–. It is a (c) —— natural disaster. It has occurred in the country (d) —— times during recent years. If an (e) —— earthquake occurs in Dhaka city (f) —— will happen unthinkably. So, experts are paying more (g) —— to the issue of earthquakes in (h) —— times. People should be (i) —— and careful about earthquakes in the capital city to (j) —— the loss of it occurs.
Ans: (a) is/lies (b) zone (c) serious/dangerous (d) many/several (e) serious (f) what (g) attention (h) recent (i) alert (j) reduce
8. As mothers, women play an important (a) —— in building the character of their children. There is a proverb in (b) —— that the hand that rocks the (c) —— rules the world. The role of women in making a home (d) —— is great (e) —— as mothers (f) ——, as wives they exert great influence in the family. If a wife is properly (g) —— she can manage the family (h) —— A good housewife is an (i) —— She (j) —— the burden of her husband.
Ans: (a) role (b) fact (c) cradle (d) happy (e) wives (f) family (g) educated (h) well (i) ideal (j) shares
- Composition on Earthquakes
- Paragraph on Earthquake
- Paragraph on Natural Calamities in Bangladesh
- Essay on Female Education
- Essay on Female Education is Most Important in Society
- Essay on Earthquake: Effects, Preparedness and Measures
- Practise Sheet on Cloze Test Without Clues – Part 05
- Paragraph on Female Education
- Report on Your City Was Rocked by Earthquake
- Composition on The Role of Women in Our Economy